2016: Female Mix & Northern Lights
I grew 2 crops this year, one early in the winter and one normal for the summer. The early crop was planted in January and outdoors in small pots. The yield was very moderate due to the restricted size of the pots they were growing in but I was learning the hard way. The summer crop was pretty good - and so were the seeds. This year I decided to use my new Raspberry Pi to control the timing of the water-system during the summer.
The second set of seeds were planted in June and by July they were starting to look nice - more like normal. I was even visited by a small beetle who made it's home in the end of one of my cane frames. It was with me for several weeks until the larvae hatched and they disappeared.
I used a watering can for the first crop but decided to use the big water bucket for the second and connected it to hose pipes and my Raspberry Pi which controlled the timing. I decided later on that it was more efficient to use a normal timer switch and play around with some more productive projects on my RPi.
Quite a successful year - and no complaints from the neighbours because they did smell quite a bit in August/September.